West Hollywood, CA
When deciding whether to become an Airbnb host, it is important for you to understand the laws in your city. As a platform and marketplace we do not provide legal advice, but we want to give you some useful links that may help you better understand laws and regulations in West Hollywood. This list is not exhaustive, but it should give you a good start in understanding your local laws. If you have questions, contact the Planning division the Code Compliance division or other city agencies directly, or consult a local lawyer or tax professional.
- Zoning Ordinance. Title 19 of the West Hollywood Municipal Code—the Zoning Ordinance—regulates uses in West Hollywood. You should consult the Zoning Ordinance to see if your listing is consistent with zoning requirements or use definitions. Important terms include “accessory use,” “allowed use,” “bed and breakfast inns,” “dwelling,” “dwelling unit,” “hotel,” “residential unit conversion,” and “urban inn.”
- Rent Control. West Hollywood also has a complicated set of rules and regulations related to rent control, including requirements affecting the conversion of a rental unit into a non-residential use. For more information please review the Rent Stabilization Ordinance or contact the Division of Rent Stabilization and Housing.
- Building and Construction Regulations. Title 13 of the Municipal Code specifies minimum construction, design, and maintenance standards for buildings in West Hollywood, including regulations on habitability, health, and safety. Certain regulations applicable to residential and non-residential uses may be relevant to your listing. You should consult Title 13 or contact the Building and Safety Division for more information.
- Transient Occupancy Tax. West Hollywood may assess transient occupancy taxes on hotels, inns, vacation homes or houses, and other short-term rentals. A “short-term rental” is defined as a guest stay of 30 days or less. More information about the transient occupancy tax is available at the City's website. Los Angeles County may also assess transient occupancy taxes on guest stays of 30 days or less. More information can be found on the County's website.
- Other Rules. It's also important to understand and abide by other contracts or rules that bind you, such as leases, condo board or co-op rules, HOA rules, or rules established by tenant organizations. Please read your lease agreement and check with your landlord if applicable.
We are committed to working with local officials to help them understand how Airbnb benefits our community. Where needed, we will continue to advocate for changes that will allow regular people to rent out their own homes.
- Mwenyeji wa TukioNi aina gani ya kodi ninayohitaji kulipa mwenyeji mwenye uzoefu nchini Czech Republic?Ikiwa unafikiria kuhusu kuwa Mwenyeji wa Tukio wa Airbnb, hapa kuna taarifa za kukusaidia kuelewa sheria za jiji lako.
- Vizuizi vya kusafiri na ushauri jijini OntarioMwitikio wa serikali kuhusu COVID-19 unaendelea kubadilika, kwa hivyo tafadhali rudi hapa mara kwa mara ili upate habari za hivi karibuni na…
- Mwenyeji wa TukioAina gani ya kodi ninazopaswa kulipa nikiwa kama mkaribishaji wageni wa tukio huko Uchina?Ikiwa unafikiria kuhusu kuwa Mwenyeji wa Tukio wa Airbnb, hapa kuna baadhi ya taarifa za kukusaidia kuelewa sheria za jiji lako.