When deciding whether to become an Airbnb host, it's important for you to understand the laws in your city. As a platform and marketplace we do not provide legal advice, but we want to provide some useful links that may help you better understand laws and regulations in Miami. This list is not exhaustive, but it should give you a good start in understanding your local laws. If you have questions, contact the Planning and Zoning Department or other city agencies directly, or consult a local lawyer or tax professional.
- Miami 21 Zoning Code. The Miami 21 Code governs most land use in the City of Miami. You should consult this to see if your listing is consistent with current zoning requirements or use definitions. Important terms include "bed and breakfast," "dwelling unit," "hotel," "inn," "lodging," "lodging unit," "multi-family housing," "single-family residence," and "residential use."
- Building and Housing Standards. Miami enforces rules and regulations specifying minimum construction, design, and maintenance standards for buildings, including regulations on habitability, health, and safety. Certain rules and regulations applicable to residential and non-residential regulations may be relevant to your listing. Contact the Miami Building Department or the Code Compliance Department for more information.
- Business License. Miami requires all owners or operators of businesses to apply for and receive a license. Please review the city's summary of the steps needed to start a business in Miami and contact the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation for more information.
- Tourist Tax. Miami-Dade County and the State of Florida both assess tourist taxes on any rental of a living or sleeping accommodation for periods of 6 months or less. More information about the County and State tourist taxes is available on the County's government website and the State Information on Transient Rental Taxes.
- Other Rules. It's also important to understand and abide by other contracts or rules that bind you, such as leases, condo board or co-op rules, HOA rules, or rules established by tenant organizations. Please read your lease agreement and check with your landlord if applicable.
We are committed to working with local officials to help them understand how Airbnb benefits our community. Where needed, we will continue to advocate for changes that will allow regular people to rent out their own homes.
- Kaunti ya Miami-Dade, FLIkiwa unafikiria kuhusu kuwa Mwenyeji wa Airbnb, hapa kuna taarifa za kukusaidia kuelewa sheria za jiji lako
- Mwenyeji wa TukioNi aina gani za kodi ninazohitaji kulipa kama mwenyeji wa tukio Miami?Ikiwa unafikiria kuhusu kuwa Mwenyeji wa Tukio la Airbnb, hapa kuna taarifa za kukusaidia kuelewa sheria za jiji lako.
- Miami Beach, FLIkiwa unafikiria kuhusu kuwa Mwenyeji wa Airbnb, hapa kuna taarifa za kukusaidia kuelewa sheria za jiji lako