Aina za kitambulisho kwa ajili ya uthibitishaji
At Airbnb, the privacy and security of our community is a top priority for us.
We’re always identifying ways to help make our community as secure as possible for everyone. Our aim is for everyone to feel confident that guests and Hosts on Airbnb are who they say they are.
Often, your legal name and address and/or other personal information are enough for us to verify your identity. We may also ask you to provide a copy of your Government ID that includes a photo of you.
Types of Government ID
Depending on your location and what country you’re from, you may be able to verify your identity with one of the following types of Government ID:
- National identity card: Must include name, photograph, and date of birth
- Driver’s license: Two photos—one of the front of the license and one of the back
- Passport: Photo must include the numbers located at the bottom of the page with your picture
Sometimes we may ask for a selfie to match it with your Government ID. If you can’t provide a selfie that matches your Government ID, you can contact us for an alternative verification method. Note: When submitting a selfie, make sure there are no other people in the photograph.
Don’t use IDs for school, college, library, gym or similar. These aren’t government-issued – and we can’t use them to verify your identity.
Submitting your ID
For most countries, you can provide a standard, unedited photograph or copy of your ID. However, for these countries, some conditions apply: Germany, the Netherlands, Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan and Korea.
Machine readable zone (MRZ)
Most ID cards feature a section that is machine readable. Often this is at the bottom on the front or reverse of the card. The machine readable zone is recognisable by the repeated use of the arrow (<) character. Eg. <<<<<<<<<<<. If you are covering any of this section of the card, make sure that only the necessary digits or alphanumeric characters are covered.
If you are unable to provide a form of identification that we accept—or if you are unable to provide a selfie that matches your Government ID, you can contact us us to arrange an alternative verification method. Examples:
- Appearance at present does not match your Government ID
- You are unable to obtain a selfie
- Other issues
Country-specific guidelines for IDs
- National Identity Card: Front of card, cover the 9 digit document number (Serienummer) and the 6 digit Card Access Number (Zugangsnummer), midway down the card on the right. Reverse of card, cover the 9 digit document number in the machine readable zone.
- Residence card: Front top right, cover the 9 digit document number. Bottom left, cover the 6 digit Card Access Number. Reverse of card, cover the 9 digit document number in the machine readable zone
For more information, check out the website of the German government.
- Passport: Cover the 9 digit BSN number (burgerservicenummer) number in the machine readable zone.
- Identity card: Cover the 9 digit BSN number. Depending on when your identity card was issued, the BSN number can be located on the front mid section or the back top right corner of the card.
- Drivers license: Cover the 9 digit BSN number located on the upper left of the card.
For more information, check out the government website of The Netherlands.
National Registration Identity Card (NRIC): Front top right, cover the 9 digit NRIC number. Back, cover the matching set of 9 digits in the machine readable zone on the back. For more information, check out the website of the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority of Singapore.
Identity card: Cover the last 7 digits of the 13 digit Resident Registration Number (RRN). Cover the matching set of 7 digits within the machine readable zone on the bottom of the card. Note: In all cases, the first 6 digits (your date of birth) of your RRN should be clearly visible.
Identity card: Front, top right corner, cover the 12 digit My Number. Cover the matching set of 12 digits in the machine readable zone on the bottom. For more information, check out the website of the Japan Agency for Local Authority Information Systems.
Identity card: Bottom right-hand corner, cover the 7 or 8 digit HKID number only. For more information, check out the website of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China.
Photographing your ID
- Make sure the picture is in color and is clearly legible.
- Only cover information when specifically requested to do so. (On this page, see the county specific list of countries with restrictions.)
- No part of the ID should be cut off by the edge of the frame.
- Make sure the image isn't too small, blurry, out of focus, or poorly lit.
- The image shouldn't feature any additional colors or patterns. For example, a decorative table-cloth or otherwise colorful or distracting background.
- Likewise, don't include other objects or images in the picture.
- MgeniJinsi ya kuwasilisha kitambulisho chakoUnaweza kuthibitisha utambulisho wako kwa jina lako halali au anwani, au picha ya kitambulisho cha serikali.
- MgeniInathibitisha utambulisho wakoUsalama wako ni muhimu kwetu. Angalia hatua tunazochukua, si kuthibitisha utambulisho wako tu, bali pia kuuweka salama.
- MgeniKinachotokea wakati kitambulisho chako kinakaguliwaIkiwa wasifu umetiwa alama ya "Kitambulisho kimekaguliwa," inamaanisha mtu huyu amefanikiwa kuweka kitambulisho cha serikali. Hii inatusaidi…