Jinsi ya kutumia haki zako za mhusika wa data
This article provides some general information on how to contact Airbnb in order to exercise your data subject rights under applicable law. If you have any general questions about privacy or data protection at Airbnb, you can send us an email.
US Residents: Please note that you may be required to verify your identity and request before further action is taken. As a part of this process, government identification may be required. Consistent with applicable law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney, or the agent must provide proof that the you gave the agent signed permission to submit the request and either (i) verify the your identity with us or (ii) directly confirm with us that the you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
If you reside in mainland China, please review the information that applies to you.
How to deactivate your account
When you deactivate your account, any current reservations you have as a host or a guest will be deemed automatically canceled by you, and the relevant cancellation policy will apply. If, in the future, you want to reopen a deactivated account, you’ll need to contact us.
You can deactivate your account yourself through your account settings.
If you want to deactivate a listing instead of deactivating your account, learn how.
You can reactivate your account by contacting us.
How to delete your account
You can delete your account and its data by going to Account and selecting Privacy & sharing.
You can always review information within your Airbnb account dashboard.
Obtaining a copy the account data Airbnb holds about you
To download a copy of your personal data, you can submit a request by going to your Account and selecting Privacy & sharing. This process involves initiating a request, a security check to ensure we’re not handing over your data to another person, and then coming back to download the data file. For more details about the contents of your access file, find out more about understanding the contents of your access request or data file.
Right to portability
In certain jurisdictions, the applicable law may allow you to receive a copy of the personal information you have provided to Airbnb. If you’re permitted to exercise this right, you can request to receive certain personal information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. Alternatively, you can request that we transmit this information to another service provider, where technically feasible.
Exercising your right to portability
For a complete copy of your data, you can download a file by going to Account and selecting Privacy & sharing.
Opting out from marketing communications
Exercising your right to opt out from receiving marketing emails, notifications, text messages, or calls
You can change your marketing preferences at any time by either clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any marketing email, or by logging in to your account and following these steps:
- Go to Account and click Notifications
- Go to Travel tips and offers and deselect the marketing communications you'd like to stop receiving
If you are still receiving emails from Airbnb after opting out
We will continue to use the contact details you provided in order to send you notifications related to a service you have requested (ex: booking confirmation emails, transactional emails). If you do not want to receive any notifications from Airbnb (including service messages), you’ll need to deactivate or delete your Airbnb account.
Opting out of Airbnb usage of personal data for direct marketing purposes
Opting out of data sharing with third parties
We do not sell personal information to third parties. However, we may share personal information, such as your location, listings you’ve clicked on or viewed, or your device information with certain third parties to perform targeted advertising or data analytics, which could be characterized as “selling,” “sharing,” or “targeted advertising” under California or other state privacy laws. If you’re a US user and want to opt out of such data sharing, find out more.
Note that if you are not logged in to your account, opting out of sharing may only affect the device or browser you are using.
Object to processing
How to object to Airbnb’s processing of some of your personal data for certain specific purposes
If permitted under the laws of the jurisdiction where you reside, you may request that Airbnb not process your personal information for certain specific purposes (including profiling) where such processing is based on legitimate interest. If you object to such processing, Airbnb will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing, or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
You may exercise your rights to object to processing by sending us an email.
Account information updates and corrections
How to correct information Airbnb has about you
You have the right to ensure certain personal data is accurate and up-to-date. You can edit profile information within the personal information tab of your account. To request the correction or amendment of other personal data, contact us. Note that some personal data may not be eligible for correction, for example changes to reviews are governed by our review policy.
Non-user data subject rights
- Specify your country of residence
- For letters, include “Attn. Legal Privacy” at the top of the address
- For emails and letters, include the subject “Privacy Data Subject Right Request”
Note that before taking action on your request, Airbnb may need to confirm your identity.
Sensitive data processing
In certain jurisdictions, the applicable law may allow you to opt-out of or limit the processing of your sensitive personal information for uses that do not otherwise meet certain exemption reasons, which Include the following:
- The use is necessary to perform services reasonably expected by the user (particularly with respect to tax reporting)
- The use is reasonably necessary and proportionate to help ensure security and integrity (including (i) resisting malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal actions and (ii) ensuring the physical safety of natural persons);
- The use is necessary to verify customer information; or
- The use is necessary to verify or maintain the quality or safety of the service
You may exercise your right to opt-out or limit the use of sensitive data processing in applicable jurisdictions by sending us an email.
Other methods to request data subject rights
- Subject: “Privacy Data Subject Right Request”
- Your specific Airbnb ID (the number at the end of the link for your profile)
- Your country of residence
If you reside outside of the United States, such as in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you can contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) for Airbnb Ireland by email or calling (toll free) +1-844-234-2500.
- Mwenyeji wa TukioMatukio yanayohusisha pombe British ColumbiaKuandaa Matukio ya Airbnb ni jambo la kufurahisha, lakini kuna baadhi ya majukumu na sheria ambazo zinatumika kwenye shughuli tofauti. Tumek…
- Mwenyeji wa TukioMatukio yanayohusisha unywaji pombe huko TorontoKuandaa Matukio ya Airbnb ni jambo la kufurahisha, lakini kuna majukumu na sheria ambazo zinatumika kwenye shughuli tofauti. Tumekusanya baa…
- Mwenyeji wa TukioMatukio yanayohusisha shughuli za michezo huko UfaransaKuandaa Matukio ya Airbnb ni jambo la kufurahisha, lakini kuna baadhi ya majukumu na sheria ambazo zinatumika kwenye shughuli tofauti. Tumek…